LivingSound for wider, immersive stereo sound
Philips' patent-pending LivingSound vastly expands the sweet spot (the ideal listening location in your room) so you can enjoy truly immersive music over a wider area. Combining various sound processes, LivingSound recovers the richness and spatial details of the soundstage that are often lost with a compact stereo system. The effect is a larger than expected sweet spot - one that is extensively and evenly distributed around the room. Now your music enjoyment is not confined to the traditionally narrow area anymore. Enjoy optimum stereo sound in a wider area.
Pure digital processing technology for best sound clarity
Advanced pure digital sound processing technology offers vastly superior sound performance compared to the conventional analog audio processing technology that is found in docking players that use the analog audio output from an iPod/iPhone. By collecting the iPod's/iPhone's digital audio output and employing digital processing at each stage of the circuit, a much higher Signal-to-Noise ratio is produced. The result is unsurpassed sound clarity that is in perfect balance.
Play and charge your iPod/iPhone/iPad
Enjoy your favorite MP3 music while charging your iPod/iPhone/iPad! The dock lets you connect your portable device directly to the Philips system so you can listen to your favorite music in superb sound. It also charges your iPod/iPhone/iPad while it plays so you can enjoy your music and not have to worry about your portable player battery running out. The system automatically charges your portable device while it is docked.
200W RMS total output power
This system has 200W RMS total output power. RMS refers to Root Mean Square which is a typical measurement of audio power, or rather, the electrical power transferred from an audio amplifier to a loudspeaker, which is measured in watts. The amount of electrical power delivered to the loudspeaker and its sensitivity determines the sound power that is generated. The higher the wattage, the better the sound power emitted by the speaker.
USB Direct for MP3/WMA music playback
With the USB Direct mode, simply plug in your USB device to the USB port on your Philips device and your digital music will be played directly from the Philips device.
MP3 Link for portable music playback
The MP3 link connectivity allows direct playback of MP3 content from portable media players. Besides the benefit of enjoying your favorite music in the superior sound quality delivered by the audio system, the MP3 link is also extremely convenient as all you have to do is to plug your portable MP3 player to the audio system.
Play MP3/WMA-CD, CD and CD-RW
Audio compression technology allows large digital music files to be reduced up to 10 times in size without radically degrading their audio quality. MP3 or WMA are two of the compression formats that let you enjoy a world of digital music on your Philips player. Download MP3 or WMA songs from authorized music sites on the Internet or create your own MP3 or WMA music files by ripping your audio CDs and transferring them onto your player.
FM digital tuning with presets
Digital FM radio offers you additional music options to your music collection on your Philips audio system. Simply tune into the station that you want to preset, press and hold the preset button to memorize the frequency. With preset radio stations that can be stored, you can quickly access your favorite radio station without having to manually tune the frequencies each time.
- Compatible with: iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano 6th generation, iPod touch, iPod touch 2nd Generation, iPod with color display, iPod 5th Generation, iPod 5th generation, iPod nano 1st generation, iPod nano 2nd generation, iPod nano 3rd generation, iPod nano 4th generation, iPod nano 5th Generation, iPod touch 4th generation
- Compatible with: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
- Compatible with: iPad, iPad 2
- Output power (RMS): 200W
- Sound enhancement: digital sound control 4 modes, Dynamic Bass Boost, LivingSound
- Volume control: up/down
- Main Speaker: 5" woofer, Bass Reflex Speaker System
- No. of built-in speakers: 4
- Subwoofer types: passive
- Playback Media: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3-CD, WMA-CD, USB flash drive
- Disc Playback Modes: Repeat/one/all/program, Shuffle Play, 20-Track Programmable, Fast Forward/Backward, Next/Previous Track Search
- Loader Type: Motorised, Tray
- ID3-tag support: Yes
- USB Direct Modes: Fast Backward/Fast Forward, Play/Pause, Previous/Next, Program Play, Repeat, Shuffle, Stop
- Cradle playback mode: Charging iPhone, Charging iPod, Charging iPad
- Tuner Bands: FM Stereo
- Auto digital tuning: Yes
- Tuner Enhancements: Auto Store
- RDS: Program Type, Station Name, RDS Clock Set
- Station presets: 20
- Antenna: FM antenna
- Other connections: FM Antenna
- 3.5mm stereo line in: MP3 Link
- Rear Connections: AUX in
- Alarms: CD Alarm, Radio Alarm, Sleep timer, USB alarm, iPod Alarm
- Clock: On main display, sleep timer
- Display Type: VFD display
- Eco Power Standby: 1 watt
- Indications: DIM mode
- Charging device: iPad, iPhone, iPod
- Display type: VFD display
- Included accessories: AC Power Cord, FM antenna
- Quick start guide: English, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian
- Remote control: Yes
- User Manual: 16 languages
- Cables/Connection: 3.5 mm stereo line in cable, power cord
- Others: User Manual
- Packaging Depth: 398 mm
- Packaging Height: 1130 mm
- Packaging Width: 422 mm
- Gross weight: 18 kg
- Net weight: 14.5 kg
- Main unit depth: 350 mm
- Main unit height: 978 mm
- Main unit width: 350 mm
- Power supply: 220-240V, 50Hz
- Docking playback modes: fast forward and backward, next and previous track, play and pause
- Playback media: CD, MP3-CD, USB flash drive, WMA-CD